Thursday, January 29, 2009

The light at the end of the tunnel!

Last night i had the most vivid dream! I know from an islamic point of view we should keep bad dreams to ourselves however this dream falls in between good and bad, so i will let you be the judge....

My dream started with me being told that the world would end tomorrow... Judgment day was about to begin.... I remember frantically running to my family and begging them to accept Islam (my family is christian, I am a revert). I was explaining to my sister and aunts Tawheed and asking them to take the shahadah because by morning a huge storm would come and take the lives of all of humanity. No one believed me except a few family members. When i woke up it took me a few minutes to digest that what had happened in my dream was just that....a dream....

Analyzing my dream i concluded that i am not doing enough to convert my family. I love my family and it should be on the top of my list to convert them. I have been a revert since 2001 and throughout the years my family and i have had heated debates about islam and christianity however I still feel more needs to be done.... No one knows how much time we have left on this earth... a day...... a week... a month?

In May I am moving to Spain (husband) and will be leaving my family behind..... I fear that when i leave any hope of them converting will vanish...
I want to encourage all muslims (reverts especially) to make lots and lots of dawah to our families and friends. If we love or care for someone we should want the best for them.... The thought of our loved ones burning in hell for eternity should be enough for us to correct our muslim friends of their cultural practices (mixing and mingling amongst the opposite sex, no hijab, etc) as well as telling our families about islam (non-muslims). That does not mean we discuss islam once in a blue moon, it means discussing islam daily!
In the end, Allah (Swt) guides who he wills and leads astray who he wills.... However, that does not mean we should be lazy in spreading the message of islam.
Often we feel shy to approach a muslim sister and inform her that what she is doing is wrong (listening to music, not wearing hijab, wearing pants instead of an abayah, etc)... There are tactful ways of approaching sisters.... No one wants to be approached and lectured about what not to do....

Here is my homework assignment to you.... I want you to talk to 3 strangers about islam..... It can be the bagger at the supermarket, telemarketer, classmate, etc.... The point is spreading the message.....
It is our responsibility as muslims to spread the message, and if you think about it 3 people a week is nothing!!! Make it your goal to talk to 3 people each week about islam!!!!


No comments: