Sunday, February 8, 2009

Beware!!! Eye exams......

Yesterday my left eye felt like something had bit it and when i would try to touch or rub my left eye it would hurt. This morning i woke up and my eye is now swollen! I talked to my dad and he said something similar happened to him and it was due to the glands underneath the eye. He had to have needles put into the glands (ok i am close to fainting just thinking about it). InshaAllah that is not the case and it is nothing. I will continue to keep a hot compress on my eye throughout the day and monitor it. Tomorrow my schedule is so hectic with school that i cant take off time to miss a class (i have a presentation and a quiz!)... All of my eye problems started last week when i went in and had my eyes dilated for an exam. Since then my right eye has been pulsating spontaneously throughout the day (i read that its related to stress?) and my eyes have felt blurry...
That brings me to the topic of lenses and frames. The average price of lenses (not frames) is around $250, add to that frames which run anywhere from $90 (if your lucky) to over $200....
In may i am moving with my husband to Spain/Morocco and he told me that in morocco you can get frames and lenses for $70.... Im wondering if i should just wait until may to get my frames, otherwise i will be spending well over $350 to get a new pair of glasses.... I have an old pair but its with my old prescription (it changed slightly)....
Oh i decided NOT to start my detox fast until spring break (2 weeks).... I am on campus all day mon & wed and i have my field work all day Tues and Thurs therefore it would make it very difficult to make the drink every 1-2 hours....
For the next few weeks i decided to get my body ready for the fast... I am going to stay away from all processed foods, sugar, and fast food (hard when your at school and work all day)... I am going to stick to high fiber foods like oatmeal, fruits and veggies and drink Kefir (its an amazing milk/yogurt product that has 10 live cultures opposed to the 5 live cultures in yogurt. Its been around for thousands of years. Google it next time you get a chance, it works great and has a lot of fiber in it as well....

No comments: