Monday, February 9, 2009

Voice not heard....

When I ask you to listen to me and you start giving advice, you have not done what I asked...
When I ask you to listen to me and you begin to tell me why I shouldn't feel that way, you are trampling on my feelings. When I ask you to listen to me and you feel you have to do something to solve my problem, you have failed me, strange as that may seem...
Listen!!! All I asked was that you listen. Not to talk or do-just hear me...
When you do something for me that i can and need to do for myself, you contribute to my fear and weakness...
But, when you accept as a single fact that I do feel what I feel, no matter how irrational, then I can quit trying to convince you and get to the business of understanding what's behind this irrational feeling.And when that's clear, the answers are obvious and I don't need advice. Irrational feelings make sense when we understand Whats behind them. So, please, listen and just hear me... And if you want to talk, wait a minute for your turn; and I'll listen to you...
Author: Unknown




2 comments:

~PakKaramu~ said...

Visiting your blog

Rene´s Bare Essentials said...

Salaam Alaikum sis,

HOw are you? Thanks for visiting I hope you enjoy all of my blogs!